Leaders in Public Finance: Celia Campbell - JPMorgan
Jun 23, 2022
Host: Mark Wuellner, Executive Director, Indiana Bond Bank
Guest: Celia Campbell, Commercial Banker, JPMorgan
“Leaders in Public Finance” is a new podcast series through the Indiana Bondcast designed to highlight excellence in public finance. Through this series, you will hear from leaders across the public finance spectrum about their journey to a career in public finance.
In this episode, we are joined by Celia Campbell, Commercial Banker at JP Morgan Chase. As a government banker, Celia leads the team responsible for overseeing the end-to-end solutions and the delivery of products and services, including financing, treasury services and other financial services to her government clients.
Celia has been with the firm for 15 years. She represents JP Morgan with prospects, government officials and persons of influence in the community. Celia’s clients include states, municipalities, and public school districts in Indiana. Prior to her role as a Commercial Banker, Celia managed a portfolio of government clients as a Treasury Management Officer in the states of Indiana, Kentucky and Minnesota.
A leader in diversity, equity and inclusion for the Midwest, Celia is the co-chair for the National Government Council’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Subcommittee; their focus is on developing and implementing the DEI strategy for the Government Banking group. In addition to formerly chairing the firm’s Diversity Equity, & Inclusion efforts in Indiana, she also served on the Indiana Market Leadership Team (MLT) managing community partnerships.
In this podcast episode, hear from Celia about:
- Why it’s so important to raise your hand
- Leveraging your passion for the greater good
- How to balance work and volunteering
- How to make Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives more than just words on paper
- How to say “no” when an opportunity is not right
- Why nominating your employees for awards goes so far
- IndyHub indyhub.org
- Leadership Indianapolis leadershipindianapolis.org
- Stanford University’s animated Martin Luther King, Jr. “I Have a Dream” speech http://freedomsring.stanford.edu/